[Ti] Symantec discontinues Mac support [another rant - OT]

Michael Sherwood msherwood at mac.com
Thu Jul 1 16:14:05 PDT 2004

Hi John,
I have expected this for some time since all Norton Utilities and
System whatever has only barely been playing catch-up with all of the
recent OS X updates. I haven't really seen a product worth purchasing
for the Mac in over 3 years from Symantec. Thankfully Tech Tools has
been very on top of updating and reliability.

I won't be missing Peter Norton's cartoon image with a stethoscope
checking my hard drive for problems that it never really fixed all that
well anyway. In their own way, Symantec is going the way of OS 9, not
needed any longer.

Mike