[Ti] Anyone else having problems with OS X 10.3.4 and/or Java 1.4.2 ?

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Wed Jul 14 02:05:44 PDT 2004

2004-07-13 kl. 16.04 skrev Paul Russell:

>  upgraded to 10.3.4 and Java 1.4.2 again and now the freezes are back.
> Typically they happen in Safari so I'm wondering whether it's Java
> 1.4.2 or OS X 10.3.4 that's the culprit (moral of the story: when
> debugging only change one thing at a time). One other thing I notice
> with 10.3.4 is that Safari will often "hang" until I move the mouse
-----------
I have had to sent in a few reports to Apple since 10.3.4 and Java
1.4.2 but I'm prefer Camino and since I installed their update 0.8
about the same time I thought sometimes Camino was the culprit. Usually
I don't get total freeze, though it happens, but Camino or Safari (use
for certain sites) craches and occationally can't be restarted without
me restarting the whole Ti 400/ 768Mb/40Gb HD.

Sometimes a forced restart of Finder will be enough to get things
working again but I can sence that something is a bit funny until I do
a proper restart.

Had a little bit of similar fuss in the beginning of 10.3.2 (?) but
that got better with the security updates. In the same time I' aware of
that I haven't done a clean install since I bought the Ti in 2002(?).
Even when I istalled the new 40 HD I only made a CarbonCopy from the
old 10 HD, so I feel I have no right to complain unless I do that
first.

Thought I let you know that you not entirely alone. :-) I carefully do
all repair stuff before and after updates and don't think I have
anything added that could do something to the system. Certainly not
having anything not ordinary running when the problem occurs.

Can make my Ti very unhappy however by having iPhoto, PhotoShop
Elements, GraphicConverter running at the same times as 2 or 3 browsers
plus Mail and Texthandler. An hour or so in to that load one or the
other or Finder itself will complain and need a forced close and after
saving the rest a restart. But that i accept as limitations to a now
old (*patting it kindly*) Tibook.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 040712
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)