[Ti] Anyone else having problems with OS X 10.3.4 and/or Java 1.4.2 ?

Wilhelm Wanders kaskudoo at freenet.de
Wed Jul 14 11:05:37 PDT 2004

well, i got a 'old' TiBook g4 400 as well ... with only 384mb ram ....
usually open are safari, mail, itunes, bittorrent, fire and other
little stuff ... occassionally photoshop and golive....
the ram of 384mb is (of course) way not enough - did i mention i run
panther?
i get a complete system freeze maybe once or twice a year .... safari
gives me the spinning wheel ... but only on certain homepages or after
too long uptime of the app .... then a quit and restart of safari does
the job for me ....
i installed menumeters on my mac, to check the bandwith output ... also
cpu rate and memory  is in there .... VERY interesting for me to see
.... if it reaches a certain level i know i have to restart safari and
voilà there is more RAM again ....

i can't understand why they still have issues with memory loss in
safari ... is it just badly written? i don't know (don't know much
about writing apps)

the mentioned problem of freezing/hanging so often is sad and i can
luckily say that i don't have that prob ..... luckily, because panther
is probably the last os on this mac =)