return of my Address Book !!

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Wed Jul 14 12:38:37 PDT 2004

Almost 3 months ago, my Address Book lost al of
its function (see my original post below).
I had a number of helpful suggestions from the
List, all of which I tried or implemented, all to
no avail.

Yesterday, I reinstalled Mac OS X 10.3, over my
existing installation (which was neatly put in a
"Previous Suystems" folder).  I then ran the
10.3.4 Combo update.

My Address Book is now working perfectly.

The reinstallation also fixed the problem with
Virex 7.2, that it could not access the eUpdate
(it always said "cannot connect to th4e
Internet").  It now works perfectly.

Who knows where the problem was, but everything
is perfectly restored, BlueTooth works through
the Address Book, Virex keeeps checking for
updates, ....

I just thought that the members might like to
know that sometimes, strange problems can be
fixed by this approach.

regards,  Trevor