SRAM cards in a PowerBook

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Fri Jul 16 20:51:34 PDT 2004

Does anybody know of a driver for OS X so it can read PCMCIA SRAM Type
II cards in a PowerBook?  We use those old battery powered cards in
field data acquisition equipment and I have to boot to OS 9 in order to
read them.  The card just mounts an icon on the desktop in OS 9 and I
drag and drop the datafile onto my hard disk, then boot back to OS X to
run the analysis software.  When I put the card on the slot running OS
X, the syslog shows that I put a Centennial Technologies card in the
slot, but no icon mounts on the desktop, and I have found no way to
read the card from within OS X.
--
Chris