[Ti] SRAM cards in a PowerBook

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sat Jul 17 06:51:57 PDT 2004

On Jul 17, 2004, at 1:31 AM, zefred wrote:

> Have you tried the idisk drivers ?

I'm not sure where those are.  PCMCIA cards should use Card and Socket
Services.

> And if you can't read the card from osx, have you tried with classic
> on ?

Yes.  If I put the card in the slot with Classic running, then check
the OS 9 Desktop folder, an icon is never mounted there.  That's
because Card Services is direct hardware access.  It's always been the
OS vendor's responsibility to provide drivers for Card Services.
Evidently OS X support for SRAM memory cards was discontinued.

> And with virtual PC running ?

To my knowledge, VPC does not access the PCMCIA card drive.  And
Windows 2000/XP no longer support SRAM cards either.  There's drivers
available for Windows 2000 from various places on the 'net, and some
workarounds for XP, but Windows 98 was the last Windows OS to fully
support them.  I imagine Apple figured SRAM cards are old technology,
so they dropped it too in favor of the newer ATA flash cards.  I was
just hoping to find an OS X driver like what's available for Windows
2000.
--
Chris