[Ti] SRAM cards in a PowerBook

b syrflip at verizon.net
Sat Jul 17 07:27:11 PDT 2004

Chris Olson paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>>And with virtual PC running ?
>
>To my knowledge, VPC does not access the PCMCIA card drive.  And
>Windows 2000/XP no longer support SRAM cards either.  There's
>drivers available for Windows 2000 from various places on the 'net,
>and some workarounds for XP, but Windows 98 was the last Windows OS
>to fully support them.  I imagine Apple figured SRAM cards are old
>technology, so they dropped it too in favor of the newer ATA flash
>cards.  I was just hoping to find an OS X driver like what's
>available for Windows 2000.
>--
>Chris

Chris,

I run 98 in VPC and, sometimes Win2kPro, and VPC does read the PC
card slot on the ti-book. Two of my external Firewire drives (running
off an 800 card) are assigned their own x\, y\ 'drives' in windows.

The card icons, that automatically show up on the OS 9 desktop, do
not show up on OS X desk. There's a little "TV-like" icon in the menu
bar, instead. It shows what is plugged in, although seems to have
trouble showing "Vendor", but no matter, it shows the item, and
offers Power on/off". Don't know if that'll help, probably not.

~flipper