[Ti] Strange gremlins at work...

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Mon Jul 26 10:08:47 PDT 2004

on 7/26/04 6:54 AM, John Griffin at jwegriffin at mac.com wrote:

> Glen wins the Fix-Griffin's-Computer award. I had 60 minutes of inactivity
> set for a logout.
>
> Strange though, I never thought that rendering an image in Photoshop or
> downloading a large file or optimizing a volume would be considered
> "Inactivity." There are lots of processes going on.

"Inactivity" generally means "you sitting in front of the computer using
it."

If you're not sitting in front of the computer, someone else *could* come
along and do all kinds of "bad" things with it.  I don't have the
"inactivity" setting on, but if I'm going to leave my computer for a while,
I use Fast User Switching to switch to the login screen.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver