[Ti] Strange gremlins at work...

luke etyrnal at ameritech.net
Mon Jul 26 10:29:42 PDT 2004

On Monday, July 26, 2004, at 12:08  PM, Glenn L. Austin wrote:

> "Inactivity" generally means "you sitting in front of the computer
> using
> it."
>
> If you're not sitting in front of the computer, someone else *could*
> come
> along and do all kinds of "bad" things with it.  I don't have the
> "inactivity" setting on, but if I'm going to leave my computer for a
> while,
> I use Fast User Switching to switch to the login screen.

i find that just setting the screen saver to kick in after 5 minutes -
with "require password" to clear the password to be safest...

it seems to be the fastest way to get in and out...

and in fact i have my machine set so that if i stick my mouse in the
upper right-hand corner the screen saver comes on immediately...

this way if i KNOW that i am going to walk away from the machine - i
just throw the cursor up there - and bang!  i'm protected...

then when i come back i just start typing in my password and press
enter...  no need for extra clicks...

and zero clicks needed to activate the protection...

- luke