[Ti] dead SuperDrive?

JFL jfl1970 at mac.com
Tue Jul 27 23:04:46 PDT 2004

Not being able to suck in a disc sounds like a dead drive, especially if
the disc isn't catching on the rollers if somehow you managed to push it
in. Probably the motors have given up. Even still, sounds like it was
failing you a bit before this problem. Time to return it to the Apple
Techs to have a new one put in. You'll be happy you did.

I hate it when things break -- feels like someone decided to tear the
last 10 pages out of a novel you're almost done with.

You might also have trouble putting in a CD if there's one already
"stuck" in there.
________