[Ti] .DS_Store (was....need root help) + Is now a RANT :)

b fl1pper at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 1 18:12:18 PDT 2004

Dennis Fazio paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>--On Tuesday, June 1, 2004 10:57 AM -0700 "Glenn L. Austin"
><glenn at austin-home.com> wrote:
>
>>.DS_Store files are used to hold the Finder's view information for that
>>folder, if the user has permission to write to that folder.
>
>I don't suppose there is any way to disable their creation to
>prevent the littering of Windows server directories, is there?

ok, since my iTunes/malloc thing went nowhere...

speaking of ds_store, and users prefs for folders, why don't they
chuck one of these into the "show package Contents" window, for
cryin' out loud!!  And if that's too much of a 'security risk' how
about giving that Pref that says "Open All Windows in Column View"
some BITE!!!

I think the engineers should check into a huge Rehab, get off the
blow, (the first thing they'd change, in Recovery, would be that
burnished aluminum window frame BS...), sell Keynote to China, or
france, and drink good old espresso until the Finder works, reliably,
LIKE UNIX does.

How about 'skins' for those of us who think coke is a sugary soft
drink, is that too much to ask???

And get a load of "Dr" Console: 'you should enable mallochelp in the
Environment... to debug the source code"  Okay, Doc, thanks, I'm sure
Jobs and his engineers'll love that... uh, where is the source code,
by the way? Oops, I forgot, it's got some resource-crazed proprietary
code grafted onto it, so We can't have it... Bill G. can have it, but
not us... I think I get it now.

where's my copy of Jam, how's OS 9.2.2 doin'?

<muttering>
~flipper