weird energy issues

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Tue Jun 8 06:04:00 PDT 2004

Hi Titanium users,

I've been having weird battery/sleep issues since 10.3.3 with my 667
DVI.  About nine times out of ten, my battery will only charge up to
about 70%, then the power light will stay amber no matter how long it's
plugged in, sleeping or powered off.  About once in ten it will
actually charge up all the way and turn green.  When it does not charge
all the way, the battery life is proportionally reduced (about 70%
capacity).  This is on a new PowerBook purchased September 2002.  I can
get about two hours of battery on one of these rare full charges.  I've
tried zapping the PRAM, trashing the power management settings, and
re-calibrating the battery several times in several combinations.  No
luck.  Today is a good day, though, since I've got a green light.

The other issue just started up last night, perhaps triggered by the
latest security update (though I doubt it based on it's package
contents).  This morning when I went to fetch the sleeping computer, it
was powered off.  I had to turn it back on, and obviously all my open
programs were shut down with it (fortunately no open work).  Then, I
put it to sleep and after getting to work, it was again powered off.

Any ideas?

--
Justin R. Miller
incanus at codesorcery.net