[Ti] replacement batteries?

William Scammell williamscammell at idesignofboston.com
Fri Jun 11 09:14:46 PDT 2004

>I was wondering if anyone has recommendations on replacement
>batteries, including the ones at
>http://www.newertech.com/newer_bats.html
>
>I went to an Apple Store yesterday about my power problems and they
>said that the battery is no good.  It strikes me as odd though for a
>couple reasons:
>
>1.  It went from two hours of charge to not working
>2.  After I got home after they tested it in another computer, it
>was slightly discharged and actually charged up and the ring turned
>amber while doing so
>3.  When in or out of the computer, the charge level lights always
>go to the top

have you been able to test the battery (full drain time) in the second machine?

#2 seems odd to me as well. i'd be tempted to say there's something
wrong with the first laptop. perhaps a bad/shifted connection between
the battery and the motherboard or power-related hardware inside the
first laptop.

when testing on the second laptop, did you also use the power supply
from the first machine?

and, have you tried using the second laptop's battery in the first
laptop? as well as the second laptop's power supply?

(it sounds to me like the apple store did a rather poor job of
attempting to isolate what part of the overall hardware is at fault.
saying "battery" just makes a quick sale for them.)

oh, concerning the first laptop, has the battery ever experienced the
"falling out" problem?

William Scammell                     Creative Director
williamscammell@                   cell 781-956-3548
idesignofboston.com                fax 973-215-4549

http://www.idesignofboston.com provides
graphic, advertising, and web site design services.