[Ti] KVM Switch with correct key mapping (win<->opt, alt<-> cmd)

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Fri Jun 11 08:07:02 PDT 2004

on 04/06/11 05:45, Yuta Hsu at yhsu at mac.com wrote:

> You mean for all of these years I've been using the "wrong" keys? :)
>
> I've used various USB keyboards with my Macs and the "Windows" key was
> always the "Command" key, and the "Alt" keys were always the "Option"
> keys.  This is hooking up the keyboards directly to the Mac... no KVM
> or adapter.

Yes, this is absolutely wrong, because the key positions are not the way
they are on the Macintosh keyboard, and therefore you need to reprogram your
brain when touch-typing using the Windows keyboard vs. the Macintosh
keyboard.

It is possible to swap the keys in hardware, and a smart KVM switch would do
that!

Jerry