[Ti] replacement batteries?

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Sun Jun 13 18:25:49 PDT 2004

On Jun 12, 2004, at 2:04 PM, Kynan Shook wrote:

> It is my guess that the cells in your battery are probably OK, or at
> least passable, and the logic circuits are confused or broken.

That appears to be the case.  It would explain an overnight change from
two hours of charge to not working at all.

> Batteries are consumables, they are not intended to last forever.

True, and I guess I shouldn't balk about almost two years of solid
service from my original battery.  I was just making sure I wasn't
getting the runaround about it failing.

For the curious, I have been able to power the computer for various
lengths of time after doing the headlight drainage procedure.  But it
is not at all reliable and the computer shuts down on a whim, so I'm
gonna chalk it up to bad battery and get a replacement.  Thanks to all
who gave their input.

--
Justin R. Miller
incanus at codesorcery.net