[Ti] traveling overseas need tech advice

Wilhelm Wanders kaskudoo at freenet.de
Sun Jun 13 19:15:42 PDT 2004

mh, i would stay with the old film and paper .... why?
- because online access is not always that easy .... europe is modern -
but also old and often you will look for internet access in hotel rooms
... and won't find 'em.
- even with www connection, she will have to upload/send the pics ....
connection has to be fast for bigger files ....
- is she backpacking ? i don't know about a laptop during her stays
.... she would have to have a laptop to store the original size pics
and to keep the online journal up to date though ....
- advantages of paper and film: inexpensive, fast, she can send mail
every week incl. film roll if she wants .... and it has sth. nostalgic

i guess in the end it comes to herself - what she likes more ... and
how she travels ... i backpacked through europe and i also was in
england (sleeping in the gardens in front of the buckingham
palace/london, now i don't think she will do that, will she ?!
depending of the nature/way of traveling i would equip her with more or
less valueable stuff .... i wouldn't take my digicam with me - instead
i would get a cheap camera - make lots of nice rolls (also black and
white ones) and later at home you can always put all that stuff on the
net or scan it ...

nothing better than digging in some boxes ten years later to find some
old diaries or notes from her holiday

^_^