[Ti] Installing Security Patch of 6-7-04

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Mon Jun 14 09:11:21 PDT 2004

>I just tried to DL and install the Security updates for 5-24 and 6-7. I am
>running OS 10.2.8 on a 17 inch PB. The one for 5-24 came down OK but the
>one for 6-7 has seemed to have stalled part way thru the install part. What
>does one do?
>It will not let me abort it, nor can I stop it.  So the computer is hung.
>What is the graceful way to get out of this without loosing my OS?
>HELP!!!
>--

Seymour,

This happened to 3 of the 30 users I support.  Those 3 folks did not
repair permissions before applying the update.  Nothing I did
(perimissions, fsck, PRAM, NVRAM, Diskwarrior) allowed the computers
to reboot.  The always hung right before the login window at "Waiting
for Apple File Service".  Hopefully you won't have this problem, but
from my user's experiences, it is likely.  An archive and install was
the only solution.

Peter
--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 6.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.3.4