[Ti] traveling overseas need tech advice

Milton van der Veen miltonlist at hurontel.on.ca
Mon Jun 14 08:55:22 PDT 2004

I just came back from a trip to the Philippines and wanted to keep in
touch with friends and family back home. My companions each had digital
cameras. I was able to get an Internet Card which allowed for dial-up
Internet at about $3 for 20 hrs. I had my PowerBook and each night I
would use iPhoto to easily download from each of our cameras. Though we
each had different cams, it required no setup -- all cams worked
easily. Then I used a trial dot Mac account (good for 3 months) to
upload the pix to a web album. There's an example at the link below:
          <http://homepage.mac.com/scaw/PhotoAlbum5.html>

At the end of the trip I compiled all the pix into folders in iPhoto
and burned CDs for each of us so we all had more pix than we would ever
want. It all worked very well and easily. One of my friends took the
CDs to her local box store and now has a very full photo album.

If the link above has expired because the dot Mac account is gone, you
can see the pix in my daily journal at the link below:
       <http://www.scaw.org/livereport/report009.html>

Just an example of what can be done "away from home" using iPhoto. By
the way, I also tried the iBlog (free from dot Mac with a membership)
setup but found it too cumbersome.

Milton