Albook hinge

Eric Forat forat at uol.com.br
Mon Jun 28 12:15:02 PDT 2004

hi all!
i have had the same hinge problem on my TI 800 dvi. I showed it to a
service center 3 months ago, but was told everything was normal.
Unfortunately, what seems to have happened is that now the fluorescent
tubes in my display seem to have died, showing the same symptoms as a
regular fluorescent tube, i.e. flickering very weakly, but not lighting
up. As I live on the mouth of the Amazon river, and there are very few
Macs around and nobody sells them, would it be possible to buy the
tubes by mail and install them myself (I am not very technically
oriented, but I have a fairly steady hand and usually am quite able to
follow clear instructions)?
  I remember seeing something about this in old message digests, but
coudn't find them again, so if someone could help me it would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks all

eric