[Ti] Itunes question

Wilhelm Wanders kaskudoo at freenet.de
Mon Jun 28 12:16:23 PDT 2004

On Jun 28, 2004, at 2:53 PM, cheshirekat wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 28, 20048:45 AM, the following words from Sam Hotchkiss
> shotch at gmail.com, emerged from a plethora of SPAM ...
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:25:24 -0400, b <fl1pper at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>> You might have a Preference set (it is the default, so), in iTunes,
>>> that "Copies all imported mp3s to your iTunes Music folder.
>>>
>>> I disabled that little devil right from the get go.
>>
>> I, on the other hand, use my itunes music from the itunes folder, and
>> delete the original
>
> That's what I do also. It's easier to let iTunes keep all my music
> files
> in the same place. I do have speeches, sounds and sound effects that
> are
> mp3 that I have QuickTime Player play. I keep those sounds in a
> separate
> folder than my iTunes library.
>
> cheshirekat
>
> --
> Perhaps all music, even the newest, is not so much something discovered

The only problem is, that some folks have about 40gigs of soundfiles
and absolutely no space on their internal drive ... like me, i have
only 10gb internal ....
i had the same problem with iphoto - the architecture of those programs
is very well thought through, but for a small drive it is too much to
handle ... i have about 6gb of photos ....
i found the solution to have more than one library in iphoto, this way
i was able to open iphoto with one library only ...having 4 different
libraries in total ....

i think i do the same with itunes =)
this way it just keeps more space available on the drive ...... why
wouldn't you allow itunes/iphoto to organize a libraray on an external
drive anyways?