[Ti] Tibook screen replacement how/where?

Tristan Gulyas zardoz at hotblack.net
Tue Jun 29 23:03:52 PDT 2004

Certainly have - even with spending US$800+shipping to Australia+import
duty/GST on a panel, I have no guarantee on backlight usage or life that
it's had before.

The only niceties of the tibook over the aluminium are that the ports are on
the back (right-hand ports make zero sense when I wish to place a mouse
there), weight and battery life (I could pull 5+ hours on my tibook during
light usage).

I have no use for OS 9 applications and I make extensive use of the
Unix-side of things.  My main uses for the Apple were Final Cut Express,
general unix work/network management and wireless mapping (so a PC card slot
is very important to me, ruling out the possibility of the 12" model).

In fact, I only booted OS9 on it once just to see how fast it was compared
to my Pismo under OS 9.

.t