[Ti] DVD Region Code Free Firmware for DVD-R UJ-816

Colin Buttimer c.buttimer at mdx.ac.uk
Sat Mar 6 06:53:25 PST 2004

>> Silvo - I have an RPC2 drive (=as installed) on my Al-book, and it
>> works fine with VLC, playing DVD from any region without even asking
>> about this issue..
This string made me very hopeful as I've always found the dvd region
limitation ridiculous particularly because almost every DVD player Amazon
(UK) sells nowadays is delimited. I downloaded VLC and tried to play my
Steve Reich Region 1 DVD (Three Tales). It played the menu section but then
failed to play anything else. Even opening the individual files didn't get
me anywhere.

All the best, Colin.