[Ti] more about that disappearing disk space

Michael wakinyan at fuse.net
Sat Mar 6 09:20:30 PST 2004

>>There may be other software that also has this effect, but for now,
>>I know that Omnigraffle
>----------
>I can confirm that this is happening even with other software. I can
>sometimes empty the trash and get _less_ free space on the HD until
>I make a restart and thereby recover the free space correctly.
>Since it often is digital photos in the Trash when I empty it I
>suspect iPhoto, Photoshop Elements 2 or the Finder itself.

Unless you need the disk space right away, restarting is not
necessary as Unix will eventually free up the disk space; however
Photoshop has always had a penchant for improperly using scratch
space.  If disk space allows, I always create a "scratch" partition
of 4 - 10 gb. I designate that for Adobe apps as Scratch disk and
there is a piece of freeware called SwapCop that will allow you to
switch your OSX swap file locations.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com