[Ti] more about that disappearing disk space

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Sat Mar 6 10:36:13 PST 2004

2004-03-06 kl. 18.20 skrev Michael:
> Unless you need the disk space right away, restarting is not necessary
> as Unix will eventually free up the disk space;
---------
Eventually when?

I have a feeling of several days if not weeks when the space just get
_less and less_ as I clear away files. :-( When I restart I will get
back a GB or sometimes even a little bit more.  I'm not restarting in
order to recover files I have only noticed the effect that Trevor
described.

> I always create a "scratch" partition of 4 - 10 gb for Photoshop. I
> designate that for Adobe apps as Scratch disk and there is a piece of
> freeware called SwapCop that will allow you to switch your OSX swap
> file locations.
--------
I have done that for Photoshop (and Photoshop Elements 2 as well I
think but will check again) and also try your SwapCop-tip thank you.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 030828
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)