[Ti] Help, epson printers or is it me!!!!!

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Sun Mar 7 22:25:07 PST 2004

At 11:59 -0500 7/3/04, Bill Barton wrote:
>I am just really frustrated today, I am looking at two epson
>printers a 8x10 and a larger carriage one for up to 13x19 inch
>prints and both are dead. I seem to only get two years out of these
>epson printers before the print heads go bad, or there is a major
>problem with the main circuit board. Is it me, or is that all I
>should really expect out of them. The smaller printer I can replace
>for not much money and just ordered a HP 7660 to try my luck there.
>But the larger printer cost 250.00 for the repair last time and I
>don't want to spend it again.

Bill - I bought an Epson Colour Stylus 800 printer in 1997 to use
with my Powerbook 3400c, and until late last year it was going very
well, but then I lost the colour printing.
Probably something to do with clogging of the colour head.
I could not fix it myself.

I thought that this was a fair 'life' for a normal printer.

I was very happy with the Epson printer quality.

The problem that the failure caused me, is that there is no longer an
Epson printer that will connect to the printer port on my 3400c which
my wife uses at home.  So she can no longer print anything out.
All printers now are USB.

I also have an HP 950C inkjet printer which is also very good but the
cartridges are just way too expensive.

Right now I have an HP Laserjet 1300 which is good quality, fast but only B&W.

I will certainly get another Epson printer, for colour work, probably soon.

Trevor