[Ti] Help, epson printers or is it me!!!!!

William Scammell williamscammell at idesignofboston.com
Mon Mar 8 07:17:09 PST 2004

>At 11:59 -0500 7/3/04, Bill Barton wrote:
>>I am just really frustrated today, I am looking at two epson
>>printers a 8x10 and a larger carriage one for up to 13x19 inch
>>prints and both are dead. I seem to only get two years out of these
>>epson printers before the print heads go bad, or there is a major
>>problem with the main circuit board. Is it me, or is that all I
>>should really expect out of them. The smaller printer I can replace
>>for not much money and just ordered a HP 7660 to try my luck there.
>>But the larger printer cost 250.00 for the repair last time and I
>>don't want to spend it again.
>
>Bill - I bought an Epson Colour Stylus 800 printer in 1997 to use
>with my Powerbook 3400c, and until late last year it was going very
>well, but then I lost the colour printing.
>Probably something to do with clogging of the colour head.
>I could not fix it myself.

my epson stylus 3000 (postscript, wide format) ran about 5-6 years)
and the 2200 (non-PS, wide format) that i have now seems to be fine
so far <knocks on wood> at about 6 months.

if you had these repairs paid via credit card, you might look into
whether or not that repair is covered/extended. also, as you probably
know, many credit cards extend the original warrantee period.

i have had some ~plain paper~ print quality issues with the 2200
which were solved by simply using the "quality" rather than the
"speed" setting. of course, this uses a bit more ink.

i'd say persevere, but i understand your concern and aggravation. good luck.

William Scammell                     Creative Director
williamscammell@                        781-956-3548
idesignofboston.com

http://www.idesignofboston.com provides
graphic, advertising, and web site design services.