software to start screen effect immediately?

Malcolm Hamilton malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca
Wed Mar 10 10:04:20 PST 2004

Hi there -
Just wondering if anyone knows of any software that would bring up my
"screen effect" (Forest) whenever I want it up there, and bring it up
immediately.
As it is now, the screen effect comes up after five minutes (this is
the shortest  "Time until screen effect starts" setting); oddly, the
"Hot Corner" that I've checked doesn't seem to work:  I bring my
mouse to that corner, but it doesn't activate the effect.
Which is why I'm looking for a piece of software that will do this.
(I'm still running 10.2.8, by the way - I imagine if I upgrade to
Panther it would solve this problem for me?)
thanks for any advice,
Malcolm