[Ti] Slow finder on a 17" Al

Kim Gammelgaard kgani at mac.com
Fri Mar 12 04:03:44 PST 2004

To me it actually just sounds like bad or mis-seated RAM. Try to take out
your RAM and put it back again, or have a look at how much RAM the machine
claims it has in the System Profiler.

My guess is that if you open the Terminal and type w and push return you
will get load averages with values way larger than 1.00, as what is taking
time isn't CPU-usage, but swapping due to lack of RAM.  Here is what I get:

[kgani at Kim-Gammelg-rds-computer:~] % w
13:00  up 2 days, 18:13, 1 user, load averages: 0.24 0.49 0.57
USER     TTY      FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
kgani    console  -                Wed18   1day  -

Good luck!

Kim