Nailed it! Re: slow Finder

khyber courchesne courchesne at onebox.com
Sun Mar 14 10:22:55 PST 2004

As per Lisbeth's request, I'm reporting that the 1-5 minute wait for a
Finder window has been fixed.  I trashed the sidebar.plist in my home
folder.  Wait is now less than a second as it ought to be.  I have no clue
what a "sidebar" is exactly.

This is a file I copied from my old Ti.  The Ti had odd finder issues too
(quit upon multiple select).

When I get home I'm starting from scratch.  With this one problem I just
wonder how many more there are.  Clean install, drag and drop personal data
files only.  No screwing with the libraries.  Too bad, because it was nice
to not have to reset passwords and prefernces and network setting etc etc.

Thanks everybody who contributed.  I appreciate it.

Khyber