[Ti] Anybody uses their Tibook as their DVD player to a TV?

John simplymail at ururk.com
Sun Mar 14 11:19:43 PST 2004

> Is it practical ... can you do letter box to a TV and still get good
> picture quality?
>
> Is it realistic to expect to use my Tibook as a DVD source to a Sony
> Vega TV or will I simply not be getting the most out of a TV if I go
> this route?

Picture quality is great - however, if you have 35~75 to spare, I would
recommend getting a stand alone DVD player - if you use it heavily. I
only hook mine (Ti) up when I am traveling, as the DVD player I have is
bulky. Even then, it is often less of a hassle to just watch a movie on
the Ti's screen.

Otherwise, if your TV has Svideo in, look at getting an Svideo cable.
In addition, consider a wireless keyboard/mouse combo if you'll be
using it for extended periods of time. I was at someone's house who had
this kind of setup, and it was pretty cool.