Ti replacement battery

jamkam tunanut at mac.com
Sun Mar 14 14:13:59 PST 2004

thanks for the feedback folks.  the owc recommendation looks good since
it says capacity is a bit higher than oem and owc is pretty good
company, right....that is, if you can get tech people on the phone!

as far as buying a used battery i'd prob opt out.  you can fully charge
it and then test its capacity with a multi-meter but unless i'm
mistaken, you have no idea of how MUCH it was charged/discharged and as
we know that determines the life not the age of the battery, per se.
plus, newer tech (and apc i think) give a 1 year warranty while apple's
is just 90 days.  in fact, when i sent my Ti400 in last week for its
last applecare overhaul, they wouldn't honor the battery un a/c and
said in fact, that they'd only replace it if it wouldn't hold a charge
up to 90 days or so.