[Ti] Nailed it! Re: slow Finder

Erik Gaderlund gaderson at mac.com
Wed Mar 17 23:42:52 PST 2004

This looks pretty reasonable, since you mentioned that a new user was
just fine, that would certianly point to the agonizing problem of
corrupted prefs.

erik g

P.S. I just spent the better part of this last weekend trying to get
my brothers TiBook to see CDs and it's own hard drive!!  It was
really weird, CDs, DMG woundn't mount.  You could go to the hard
drive in the finder, but, it would not show up in any utilities, or
installers (figured reinstall 10.2.8 Combo.)  It would boot CDs fine,
and you could run whatever the CD had (Diskwarrior, TechTool Pro 4,
etc.) but, all would come out ok or fix stuff, and nothing.  New
user, nothing.  Firewire wouldn't work either--Target disk mode with
my TiBook, or it in Target disk mode with my G4 wouldn't mount.  This
all started after he synced his iPod mini, and wanted to start adding
more CDs.  We had done a backup over ethernet to a DVD, so we just
wiped the drive an installed Panther.