[OT] Windows Network connection fails in 10.3.3

Arjan Bos arjan.bos at hetnet.nl
Thu Mar 18 10:00:08 PST 2004

Hi,

I know that the following is Off-Topic, but I would like to pose the
following to you, the knowledgeable people of the Titanium List.

Looks like Apple finally burned me too with an update. Before the
update, I could connect to our windows network via the finder menu
option Go / Connect to Server...

I connect to the smb:// server, and pre 10.3.3 I would get a dialog box
where I could enter my domain name, user-id and password. Now with
10.3.3 I do not get the dialog box anymore. The result is that my
log-on fails.

Anyone knows how to get that dialog box back? Or are there other, more
unixy, ways to tell the samba share my credentials?

TIA

Arjan
---
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)