[Ti] iChat and 10.3.3

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Sat Mar 20 23:52:01 PST 2004

It's hard for me to say definitively, as I've only worked on one or two
computers with such a problem; probably mostly just things like
inability to boot or log in.  In general, just something that can't be
fixed by either an archive and install preserving users or a new user.
Like any software corruption, there are practically infinite causes; a
crash at an inopportune time, a corrupted directory resulting in
overlapped files, bad RAM, a bad processor, a rare bug perhaps...  Just
to name a few.  The only real way to fix it is an archive and install
*not* preserving users and network settings (which can also get messed
up sometimes).  As long as your user folder is OK though, you can just
copy back the entire contents of your user folder into the new user you
create in the Setup Assistant, log out and back in, and everything will
be just the same as before the reinstall, minus any system-level
additions you might have (like <shudder> something from Symantec or
other various utilities).