[Ti] Vacationing TiBook

dparmet at optonline.net dparmet at optonline.net
Mon Mar 22 07:48:34 PST 2004

I was just in Florida on a long weekend with my 800Mhz TiBook (and family but they don't have to go through the Xray machine...).

You will have to take your PowerBook out of its bag and put it into one of those restaurant bus boy bins. That's a pain in the ass and frankly I think it makes the situation worse with more people backed up waiting to get through security.

On the other hand, the other side of the Xray machines (where the stuff comes out) is now way more secure than it ever was and the new TSA staff seem to be very tuned into who belongs to what bag / shoes / computer / etc... so your chances of someone walking away with your PowerBook are a lot lower than they could be.