spinning beach ball in Eudora

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Mon Mar 22 09:45:05 PST 2004

At 20:27 -0800 21/3/04, Steve Wozniak wrote:
>>At 11:36 PM +0300 3/21/04, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:
>>
>>My only remaining issue is in Eudora 6.1b4, where I see the
>>spinning beach ball quite often during just typing text.
>
>There is an instant fix for the Eudora spinning ball problem after Panther:
>
>double click in Eudora,
>
>x-eudora-setting:154=y
>
>Something to do with the call Apple provides to check network
>availability in Panther checking all the time.
>
>Works for Eudora 6.0, didn't try Eudora 6.0.2 but its a known
>problem and fixed from reading the info.

Steve - excellent !  This fixed my Eudora 6.1b4 spinning beachball
problem instantly.  Thanks for this very helpful input.  I really
appreciated it.

Everything is working well now.  I managed my first iChat from Saudi
Arabia to Nashville last night.
iChat is quite an impressive piece of software/technolgy.

Trevor