[Ti] Graphics Programs?

Michael wakinyan at fuse.net
Sat Mar 27 09:38:49 PST 2004

>I recently moved from Linux to a PB. I do web programming and
>occasionally have the need to create buttons and other Web graphics.
>Are there programs that come with mac os x panther that work well
>for this type of work? If not, what are the defacto standard apps
>for this stuff on Mac? I would prefer free. :-) I tried installing
>the GIMP via fink and it hosed up my X11 installation. So, that is
>not an option until I have time to reinstall X11, etc, etc... Maybe
>MacGimp, though?

Definitely NOT free, but extremely good deal is Adobe's upgrade offer
for Adobe CS; any version of Photoshop back to v1.0 gets upgrade
pricing (under $400).  While it is still a chunk of change, to get
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, GoLive, Acrobat licensed is an
extremely good deal.  I think there is another bundle that is cheaper
without Acrobat, but if you are a professional and getting paid for
your web programming Acrobat is worthy of consideration because this
version is actually the first that delivers on the promise of what
Acrobat can be; it has excellent project management tools built in,
which allows you an opportunity to clearly discern what are
corrections (non-billable) and revisions (which can be billed beyond
quoted pricing)... Again, if you are doing this as a professional, it
is more than worth the cost.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com