[Ti] Airport File Transfer Speed

David DelMonte ddelmonte at mac.com
Tue Mar 30 03:42:48 PST 2004

Thank Kynan and Tarik.

Using the Activity Monitor was very interesting.

Now I'm scratching my head even more though...

Here's what I found.

Pulling a file from my PB to my desktop was really fast (I used the
same file - the Mac OS 10.3.3 combo). It took 3 minutes to transfer.

Pulling a file from the desktop to my PB was very slow (more than 30
minutes)

Pushing a file from my desktop to my PB was also very slow (more than
30 minutes).

FYI - the computers are sitting next to each other. The airport bs is
sitting between them.

I do have a 2.4Ghz phone nearby (20 feet). I will try moving that,
however I'm curious why moving files 1 way is ok but not the other way.

David