[Ti] moving from Titanium to Albook

Wilhelm Wanders kaskudoo at freenet.de
Sun May 2 08:35:39 PDT 2004

Hi =)

I don't think it is that easy though .... there are settings, that are
not in the Users Folder ... I recently plain formatted my drive and
installed Panther - I did a clean install and the way I did it was
following:
1. Make a checklist with every application that you have, verify you
have the install disks and check for updates on the homepage
2. Put your devices (burner, drives, etc.) on a list and check for
drivers and updates as well (also on the homepage)
3. Personal settings are mostly found in the User Folder, thats right,
but rhere are also lots of settings online .... Make a list of all
Accounts and check the passwords .... don't do it on your mac, but on a
piece of paper ... also your mail accounts find on there ....
4. Also think of exporting Addresses from the Address Book and export
the mailboxes (in case you want the older mails)
5. Thats it - I pretty much opened the fodlers on my hd (apps, user)
and went down in them and checked every item that was there .....

Of course you can always back up the whole drive (got that too) just
for safety reasons .... also be aware that there might be something you
overlook .... there almost always is, but in 99 of 100 cases you get to
it (cause you got a backup) .....
In the end the decision is yours ..... oh, and don't forget to plan a
few hours for that whole thing .... get some nice food and something to
drink - be prepared =)
(those things can be entertaining too!)

Good luck,
cya