[Ti] Director MX 2004

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Mon May 3 04:38:47 PDT 2004

At 17:01 -0400 2/5/04, Michael wrote:
>>It is just Director MX that refuses to launch.
>>
>>Do you think that this could also be related to fonts?
>>
>>As far as I can see, the only OS9 fonts I have are in the System
>>Folder that is the basis of Classic, and this is on another
>>separate partition from OS X.
>
>You can download an evaluation copy of FontDoctorX via
>versiontracker... it won't fix you fonts or move them, but it will
>tell you if any are bad...  this could be a source of several of
>your other issues as well... I haven't had any problems in Panther,
>but found fonts moved from OS9 to OSX a big problem in early
>versions, especially non-Adobe fonts.

Mike - I downloaded and ...and ran FontDoctorX.

It found no problems in the principal fonts, and a couple of small
problems in the OS9 fonts (2 Hebrew fonts that I use) and FD was able
to fix the problems (don't ask).

But nothing serious, and no effect on my problem.
Good suggestion though, as to how to analyse the problem with this
"utility".  Thanks.

Treevor