Oh Fate - how cruel ye are (broken hinge)

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Mon May 3 12:06:24 PDT 2004

It's kind of hard to explain the construction of the display edges, much
easier to show with a photo. But in the meantime I'll attempt some
asci-art of a cross-section through the display side edge:

        ____________ - front bezel
side   |      ----
       |  HH |    |-------------/ - front surface of LCD
       || HH |
flange -| HH |     LCD
  weld-|| HH |
       || HH |____________________/
       |__________________________/- back bezel
               back

flange = "metal strip"
HH = hinge

The flange is welded to the back bezel along the side and top edges. It
underlaps the side edges of the front bezel. By slipping a
thin-plastic-strip-tool into the side edge seam angled from the display
back toward the front, and sliding it along that seam I was able to pop
apart the bezels. At this moment I'm not remembering exactly which parts
came apart . . . I'm going to do it again with another display I just got
and will take pics and notes this time.

Again, I've gotta get details up on a page . . . sigh.

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700
hotline://dankephoto.dhs.org:9500