New 1.5ghz Powerbook up and running

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon May 3 13:33:56 PDT 2004

I am now the proud owner of a 15" 1.5ghz Albook with 128M video, 5400rpm
Hard Drive and one 1g RAM module (another will be added when the price is
right). Pretty nice so far!

One caution I would give people is to do an upgrade from the System Disk
that comes with the new computer to your previous system if you have it
backed up on an external disk. The new Powerbooks will not boot from a
10.3.3 install on a previous powerbook. There must be some extra resources
that the new machines need to load before they will work.

jg