[Ti] 1.33 GHz fan observation. WAS: [Ti] New 1.5ghz Powerbook up and running

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri May 7 13:42:54 PDT 2004

Ted Johansson typed this message on 5/7/04 1:40 PM:

> Different observation on the fan: although it is quite quiet, when
> normally operated with email, browsing, excel or word, it soon reaches
> 45 C (113 F) (as measured by the program Temperature Monitor). Soon
> after, the fan kicks on, the temperature lowers a few degrees, and a
> after a few minutes the fan stops. This is repeated in maybe 10 minute
> intervals. The fan is much quieter than on my old iBook G3/800, but it
> would nice to have it not running.
>
> This is when operated with external keyboard and screen, external
> power, lid closed and (does not seem to matter much) internal screen
> off, and processor speed set to automatic.

I operate mine in the same way most of the time. It could be that because I
am profoundly hard of hearing, a whisper sound from the fans might not
register at all.

By the way, I have never heard of a Temperature Monitoring program. I'll
have to search Version Tracker for it.

jg