1.33 GHz fan observation. WAS: [Ti] New 1.5ghz Powerbook up and running

Ted Johansson ted.johansson at pobox.com
Fri May 7 10:40:48 PDT 2004

Bought the new 12" (1.33 GHz, 768 MB RAM, 80 GB HD).

Different observation on the fan: although it is quite quiet, when
normally operated with email, browsing, excel or word, it soon reaches
45 C (113 F) (as measured by the program Temperature Monitor). Soon
after, the fan kicks on, the temperature lowers a few degrees, and a
after a few minutes the fan stops. This is repeated in maybe 10 minute
intervals. The fan is much quieter than on my old iBook G3/800, but it
would nice to have it not running.

This is when operated with external keyboard and screen, external
power, lid closed and (does not seem to matter much) internal screen
off, and processor speed set to automatic.

/Ted