[Ti] Norton Utilities for OSX

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Fri May 7 10:21:12 PDT 2004

on 04/05/06 12:01, Michael at wakinyan at fuse.net wrote:

>>> The admin in my office just bought Norton Utilities for OSX....My last
>>> experience with it around OSX 10.1 was that it totally destroyed my computer
>>> and I had to reinstall all my data and the OS.
>>>
>>> Has Norton improved, or is it still a dangerous suite?
>
> DiskWarrior is better, safer and easier to use.

I think you should ask yourself: What is the reason for using Norton,
DiskWarrior, or any of this stuff?  I use my powerbook for both work and
play, certainly more than 50 hours a week.  I reboot it once every week or
two, after i've got more than 6 swapfiles and I feel it's getting a little
sluggish and gee I should quit some of the 40 applications I've got open
which I haven't used in a while.

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Jerry