[Ti] New 1.5ghz Powerbook up and running

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sat May 8 11:29:02 PDT 2004

Another caveat to owners of the new Powerbooks:

As I just found out, for some reason Apple in its infinite wisdom set the
Energy control so that the Powerbooks will never go to sleep either on the
battery or on the adaptor.

I just discovered this today when I walked into my office that my computer
had been on all night and the display showed the log-in window. The
temperature was at 125° (but I could not hear any fans going...hmmm!) The
System logs said that it rebooted (Macaroni's does this after running Cron
scripts) at 3:00 am and tried to go to sleep on numerous occasions, but that
sleep was not enabled on my machine.

So, better check Energy Control in the System Preferences and see that sleep
is enabled.

jg