New 1.5ghz Powerbook with bad pixel

Lee Yan Zhan yzlee at starhub.net.sg
Sat May 8 11:49:30 PDT 2004

Just got my new PB(1.5Ghz, 1GB RAM, 128MB VRAM, 5400rpm 80GB HD) yesterday
and found 2 bad pixels.  This is the first time in over a decade that I got
bad pixel LCD from Apple.  Spoke to Apple Care and got the standard reply.
The help desk person did mentioned that now PB are made in China - they
expect more of these cases.  Personally, I think its got nothing to do with
PB being made in China.  Apple should be expected to give us perfect LCD.
There should be no compromise on quality from Apple...anyway, a very sad
weekend for me and the rest of my macs(cube, pismo, 550Ti).