[Ti] Ti 667 memory and drive upgrades?

Corey Knafelz corey at fuzzylogical.com
Tue May 11 11:36:19 PDT 2004

This Toshiba drive
<http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Item.cfm?ID=6579&Item=TOSMK4019GAX> is
what I added to my pb 400. 5,400 RPM drive drastically improves
performance. Here's how my machine scored with xbench after the install:
<http://ladd.dyndns.org/xbench/merge.xhtml?doc1=59493> Here's how it
stacked up against other similarly configured machines:
<http://ladd.dyndns.org/xbench/comparesubindex.xhtml?machineTypeID=11&sort=processor#tableTop&minVersion=1.1.3>

OWC has a 60 GB version of this drive for $169. Less that what I paid for
my 40 GB at the time.
<http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Item.cfm?ID=5582&Item=TOSMK6022GAX>

I have had no cooling problems. If you're using a lot of drive space for
dv footage, it's probably best to get a 7200 RPM firewire external drive.
As for installing the new drive, I do believe it voids a warranty if it's
still in effect. My warranty was up and the install was really easy.

Best,
Corey Knafelz

daytime Seattle, nightime Tacoma...

http://www.fuzzylogical.com/