[Ti] FINDER crashing

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Wed May 12 15:32:25 PDT 2004

On 12.5.2004 16:30, "Dr. Trevor J. Hutley" <hutley at geneva-link.ch> wrote:

> At 14:38 -0400 12/5/04, John Griffin wrote:
>> In reading MacFixit, there seems to be a problem with the latest Security
>> Update from Apple that causes flakey behaviour. They suggest running
>> Cocktail and doing a deep level trashing of all cache files, and of course,
>> repairing permissions (naturally you can do that with Cocktail as well -
>> What a great utility!)
>>
>> Perhaps also it would be prudent to trash the Finder.plist file.
>
> John - I run Cocktail 324 pretty often.
> I will try the more drastic actions you propose.
>
>> From: khyber courchesne <courchesne at onebox.com>
>>
>> What are you doing when it crashes?  My Finder always crashes if I select
>> more than 3 image files on the desktop and try to move them.
>
> Interestingly, I am trying to move more than 3 image files from my
> iDisk to my hard disk......
> More than coincidence ?  We seem to have a direct parallel here.
> Any idea what is behind this observation??
>
> regards,  Trevor

Trevor I would definitely try trashing the finder plist.  As you know, I
move tons of image files around on my desktop at one time, etc, all the time
as I work images from field missions, projects, exhibitions, whatever...and
I never have finder crashes.  I am running 10.3.3 and I just do not have
these issues.  So I would look a bit deeper.  Mail me off list and I will
try to help.
Cheers
FRED