New Matias keyboard (clackity, clack) on my new Powerbook.

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri May 14 09:48:53 PDT 2004

I just replaced my old MacAlly iMedia keyboard with a Matias Tactile Pro. As
soon as I started typing, every head in the office and down the hall turned.
What a racket! It reminds me of the good old days of the 128K Macs and those
telegraph-style keys. It has the same Alps switches of the old Macs and the
Mac Pro keyboard rather than the rubber membranes that modern keyboards use.
This thing is noisy, easy to type on and built like a tank.

And after the initial shock of the sound level (I type with fairly heavy
fingers) and after closing the door of my office and doing some heavy-duty
work, I have to conclude that my typos seem to be much fewer and far
between.

One caveat: this keyboard uses a lot more juice then most keyboards. Because
of this I found my Kensington Turbo Mouse Pro unable to work when plugged
into the USB port of the keyboard - so it had to be moved to the back of the
Monitor.

Jg